This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, October 06, 2008

Six more restless nights

It's Monday now. Six days from now I'll be lining up with 45,000 other runners for the Chicago Marathon.

I think I had my first case of a restless night in quite a few months last night. I remember waking up and looking at the clock around 11:45pm and again around 12:30am. I'm not sure what I was worried about, but I was restless nonetheless. I did go to sleep at a decent time, so I'm not really tired this morning.

I suppose now that I've brought the mileage down in my runs, I'm not going to sleep like the dead (tired) as I've been doing almost all summer. Is this normal? Whatever the case may be, I'm turning in almost an hour or more earlier than normal this week.

My appetite has also been pretty rampant as usual. I had this big plan to visit some different restaurants this week to fuel up for Sunday, but I think I'm sticking to what I know. The running books say not to try anything different the one to two weeks before the marathon for fear of falling ill or getting injured in some way. So I'll look back at what I did before my two 20 mile runs and go with that.

This is my last week of tapering, so my mileage is pretty slim:

Mon: Rest
Tues: 3 miles
Wed: Rest
Thur: 5 miles
Fri: 2 miles
Sat: Rest
Sun: Race!

I've been dealing with some tightness behind my right knee, but I think I can lick it come Sunday.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger runner-grrl said...

Hang in there! I'm freaking too... only worse I think. If there's something I haven't already obsessed about, I don't know what it is. --Alex

5:20 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I still feel as if I'm beginning to get sick, and then I'm fine. I tossed and turned for a second night in a row! Craziness.

9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home