This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Saturday, October 11, 2008

See you on the flip side of 26.2, my friends

Well, this will officially be my last post before the Big Day.

I think life will be different after the marathon- it pretty much already is. God willing, I will finish and would have experienced the most incredible moment of my life, I think.

My mind is at peace. My soul is inspired.

I have rediscovered my love for running, and I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm a distance runner dammit, and I freakin' love it. This is my life now.

I'm leaving it in the hands of God now. I'm still being bothered by a slight pain in my left calf, but I can run through it. I'm not too concerned with the heat, as I've trained in much hotter weather than this. Still, I don't know what to expect, but I'm going to do my best.

The journey has been especially difficult. Not only in a physical sense, but emotionally. Yes, there have been times when I wanted to stop; times that I thought I could not continue. But in those moments, I would take a look back at my life to see the good times, and the bad. There are many things I succeeded in, and many more where I failed.

I will try not to fail this time.

Thank you to all of the wonderful friends and family who have read this blog and followed me on my journey. I have met some incredible people- many who I don't know face to face- but I still hold you close to my heart- you know who you are.

To list these names will take a million posts. So I will say this:

Whether you know it or not, you are my inspiration. I am grateful for you to be a part of my life. Whether you live right next door, or half way across this world, thank you for sharing this moment with me.

-To all of my new Twitter runner friends- You are all an incredible bunch and your wonderful words of encouragement through all of this have helped in so many different ways. For this, I am grateful.

You all will be in my thoughts through this journey.

It's going to be quite a ride.

I am ready.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger runner-grrl said...

Jesse, It's going to be awesome! Can't wait for the race to get here :-). Best wishes to you, and thanks for all of your encouragement and support! -Alex

9:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home