This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Warriors in the Sun

Chicago Endurance Sports

I've decided to join up with Chicago Endurance Sports and their 13 week half-marathon Winter Warriors winter training program to keep up my running through the long and dreary winter months!

I absolutely love running in winter. I ran through most of the '07/'08 winter months to get back in running shape after starting up in June of last year. The only problem with running during winter is that it can get really lonely out there. Chicago Endurance Sports is known for their wonderful training programs and experienced coaches, so it will be nice to join up with 500 other psycho's running during the coldest months of the year in Chicago!

Winter Run

My training leading up to the marathon has mostly been a solo effort. Although I've run with groups before, this is the first time I'll have access to top-notch coaches and experienced runners to further help me in my training. I'm super, super excited!

That being said, I've decided to run the Inaugural Melbourne & Beaches Half-Marathon on Feb. 8, 2009 in sunny Melbourne, Florida. Melbourne is about 50 miles south east of Orlando, and within spit shot of Cape Canaveral. How cool is that?

How about these finishers medals? Awesome.

It will be great to escape to sunny Florida to run this race after all of the hard work is done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

Runners in the north have so much more to contend with than just the running. Layers, exposure.... Wow. I had two (or so) runs last winter that required a few layers and pants.

I am looking forward to the half in Melbourne. I think the medals looks awesome - is it bad that I think they look better than the Chicago Medal?

Looking forward to seeing you and @run350.

8:40 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Maddy- Last winter was extremely harsh. It's an entirely different experience for sure. It really does take that extra push to get out there! Looking forward to seeing you and @run350 in February too!

9:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home