This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Digging In

Run log 11-19-08

Yet another solid run, this time with negative splits near the end to boot. This was a timed, 60 minute run along Chicago's lakefront in the evening. We had to fight the wind heading north, which my explain the slower splits. The wind was at our backs coming back south, which really helped the pace.

I held with a group of three runners for the first four miles before breaking off during the latter miles with my pacer. It was just her and I after mile four. She is a five time marathoner and has been a pace leader for CES for a couple of years now. She had some great stories.

I fussed with my shoe laces a lot today. It ended up that my shoes were too loose during the run and it caused a little bit of foot arch pain. This is a pretty good sign that I will be needing new shoes again- and soon. I will most likely get another pair of Brooks Defyance since they've worked out so well for me.

As for the rest of the week? I have a rest day on Thursday, and then a short two miles on Friday before the big 11 miler on Saturday.

Thank goodness I have one more day of work left this week! I'm on vacation come Friday. I can't wait.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home