This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, January 12, 2009

Museum Days

CIMG2433

This past weekend I visited the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago with my friend Katie. It's been forever since I visited any kind of museum, and I was looking forward to this personal favorite of mine. All through January, many of Chicago's museums are celebrating Free Museum Days, so it was the best time to go!

A big part of the museum was just as I remember it. It's a shame it isn't open longer on the weekends. Since we only had around four hours to see it all, we probably barely made a dent in it. Still, it was neat to see the many different exhibits on display. My personal favorite was the Henry Crown Space Center, of course.

The day started out with snow. Lots of it. But I'll have to agree with Katie that it was still a beautiful sight to see. It pretty much snowed all.day.long. The city ended up with almost a foot of snow. Chilly bus stops, fogged up city buses, snow laden sidewalks, wet socks, unending falling snow, and one frozen foot later (thank you, puddle), we made it back in one piece! We ended the day having a spectacular dinner at Charlie's Ale House on Navy Pier.

After dinner we hopped on the bus back to Union Station, only to find the bus driver was not around! How nutty is that? The bus driver eventually shows up and tells us about the craving he's had all day about the popcorn he's been missing out on during his route. You see, apparently Garrets of Chicago is THE place to get your gourmet popcorn- yes- I said gourmet.

So what does he do? On the way to the station, he stops his bus in front of the Garrets store and proceeds to go inside to buy his bag of popcorn! I don't think either of us expected he'd actually STOP the bus and go inside. He did, however, give us a sample of said popcorn, and it was rather tasty. No wonder he was craving it. The whole situation was really awkward, but hilarious at the same time.

See more photos of the trip on my Flickr page here.

Next time I'll have a progress report on my running. It's been frustrating to say the least, but what can I do? It's winter after all.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home