This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

Well, I'm writing this about five hours before we say goodbye to 2008 and ring in the new year. I went for my last run of the year this morning- a glorious easy run of five miles at Independence Grove. It was bone chilling cold, but the scenery was breathtaking. I turned off my iPod for a few minutes during my run just to enjoy the silence.

Had to do a little dancing around this kind of stuff:

Running route obstacles

This past year treated me really well. I can't complain. I'm happy and healthy, which are two things that matter most.

Last January I made one, and only one, resolution for 2008- to run and finish the Chicago Marathon, which I did. Everything else revolved around that goal- from eating well, having a positive outlook in life, meeting new people, and getting healthy- all of which I accomplished. For this, I am happy.

I'm very much looking forward to 2009. I don't know what to expect, which I guess adds to the mystery of it all. I'd like to travel more- see places I've never seen before. Perhaps run at Grand Canyon National Park, see the aurora in Alaska, or join a tornado chasing tour! Either way, I'm super excited and can't wait to see what's in store.

Oh, and one last thing: I've decided to run marathon #1 for '09 in St. Louis, Mo. on April 19. This will be a nice compliment to the Chicago Marathon I plan on running again in October. That's two full marathons for 2009 (for now)! Bring it on.

So this is my last post for 2008. Happy New Year to all and I wish you all the best in 2009.

See you all on the flip side!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger runner-grrl said...

Great job on 2008, well done! What a life-changing year for you! I'm so glad to have met you... well, virtually :-) You've been a great source of inspiration.

St. Louis is a blast! My first half marathon was there a few years ago. You run through the brewery, and they bring out the Clydesdales (my favorite part).

See you in Chi'09! I plan to run it again as well. Maybe we can have a tweet-up :-)

--Alex (aka run350)

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

So glad to have virtually met you as well!

I'm very much looking forward to St. Louis!. I'm just hoping this winter training doesn't beat me up too badly :)

See you in CHI'09! A tweetup is a great idea.

8:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home