This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Days of Rest like it or not

I knew that getting some running in during the winter would be tough, but not this tough. I swear we've had a winter storm almost every other day here in the northern burbs of Chicago. It's really frustrating.

I had no real trouble getting outside to run during last winter, but this one's different. I really haven't felt safe enough to get out and run in my subdivision, but I'm just going to suck it up and get out there. The treadmill running has gotten pretty stale, and my left knee isn't agreeing with it at all. I have that familiar pain in the knee that's telling me it'd rather be pounding the pavement.

I think I'm going to invest in some YakTrax to put on my shoes to get a better hold of the road. I hadn't really felt the need to use them, but this year is different.

Right now I'm making sure I don't have more than three days in between my runs, that I'm eating well, and am getting my stretching in. In taking care of my knee, I've been doing more with weights at the gym. I've lost about three pounds since early December, which is really kind of ass backwards without much running. I figure I eat more the more miles I run, and it just balances itself out, I guess.

So Christmas is here! I'm going to get a run or two in before Saturday's 15 mile run. I'm not sure at this point if I'll do the entire 15, but I'd like to get in something above 10 miles depending on how I feel.

Happy Holidays for now!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger runner-grrl said...

Love my YakTrax, but haven't used them this year. I'm a total wuss, and the weather has had me indoors on the treadmill for weeks now. --Alex (aka run350)

5:13 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It's had me indoors lately too, and the treadmill is getting booring! I'm dying to get outdoors to run lately.

6:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home