This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009, Project 365, FourforFourty

I have thought long and hard on whether or not to continue this blog and start with a clean slate on a new one, or retire it once and for all. I've decided to give it another year to make it an even 5 years old next December. That's not the only reason I'm keeping it around...

The year 2010 is a very special one for me personally:

I will leave my 30's behind, and will turn 40 years old on March 5, 2010. There, I said it.

To me it's just another number.

I feel great, I'm in the best shape of my life, I'm surrounded by wonderful people and friends, and I feel blessed to have lived the life I have. I am happy.

So to celebrate the coming year, I will be documenting it here in the blog by participating in Project 365. I will be posting a photo a day, every day for a year- a little snapshot of my life so that a year from now, I can look back and remember. After all, they say memory is the first to go, right? They will come from my cell phone or a fancier quick shot camera, and I'm leaving the subject matter up in the air for now.

The photos will all be collected in a set on my Flickr page, a link of which I will provide in a later post. I've committed myself to doing this, and I certainly hope I follow through. I won't doubt that I'll miss a day or two, but I'll do my best.

Now for a loftier 2010 goal: God willing, I hope to run four marathons in 2010 to welcome the number "4" in my age! "FourforFourty" - get it?

Perhaps if my legs are still with me at the end, I will cap it off with an Ultra-marathon of 50K or more. I'll lay out my plan in a future post.

It's a big commitment, but I say to myself that someday I won't be able to do it at all. As I write this, my body, mind, and heart says go for it, and I will.

So there it is. These are quite lofty goals, but I've made up my mind and hope you'll follow me on my journey.

Happy New Year and God bless.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger 12monkeys said...

Good luck on the new year, the new decade, and your new goals! And remember that age ain't nothin' but a number.

12:59 PM

 
Blogger Lynn said...

I KNOW you can do it!

1:25 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you and good luck to you too in 2010! All the best.

1:51 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Lynn- Thank you! I sure hope I can.

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home