This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Saturday, February 09, 2008

I can dream, can't I?

CIMG1989

This is what I came home to this past Wednesday- nearly 12 inches of snow near my home.

At last, I'm finally getting back to some sort of normalcy this week after dealing with the darn weather, busy days at the office, and general craziness. Not to mention, because of the darn weather, it's been a struggle to keep my training for the half-marathon on track.

I was able to squeeze in two miles on the dreadmill last Monday, and six miles outside today. That's a total of eight, and I should be at thirteen for the week. Blegh. All is not lost, as my down time was spent strength training on those snow days.

I'm really not a winter person. If it wasn't for my training, I would go absolutely nuts. Every day I wake up, I plan as much as I can for the day to make it go by faster.

I live for warmer weather- the camping, running outside, fishing, driving to remote places, roller coasters, barbecues, outdoor concerts, festivals, driving with the windows down, t-shirts and shorts, beaches, the sand, sunburns....

I can dream, can't I?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Dreaming about warmer-month activities is the only thing that gets me through midwestern winters sometimes.

I can't wait to take the Metra down to Chicago again and be able to just walk around outside for hours visiting stores & other random places... ahhhh and baseball season. Baseball is my favorite =)

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh Baseball... how could I forget my Cubbies? And Wrigley Field... my home away from home :)

11:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home