This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, January 04, 2010

Project 365/004: Bits and Bytes

Project 365/004: Bits and Bytes

I forgot my digital camera on my office desk, so I have to settle for the cell phone shot I took today while testing out a few angles.

I was trying to get some fancy shmancy shots of the server farm in the data center, but the lighting wasn't so great.

Oh well, it will have to do for #004.

I'm grateful to have been at my job coming up on 12 years now. My very first IT job was working data entry at Great America in Gurnee, IL. I was mainly responsible for processing all of the greasy, grimy employee timesheets that were turned in at the end of the day. Those things would get so dirty with food and gunk, that we had a hard time making out what was written on them.

Every once in a while, I would get to go out and repair a cash register, or the Lotto vending machines throughout the park. Remember those? Probably not...

One of the perks? I got to see some of the invoices when parts were ordered for new roller coasters and such. I'd get the inside scoop!

Many, MANY things have changed in the IT world since then.

I sure hope they did away with those slimy timesheets.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home