This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Saturday, November 03, 2007

It's not so dangerous, is it?

It's happened again.

Elite distance runner Ryan Shay, 28, died today not even six miles into running the 2007 U.S. Olympic marathon trials in New York. The top three finishers in this marathon win a spot on the U.S. Olympic marathon team. A runner died during the 2007 Chicago marathon last month. Some statistics say 1 in every 50,000 runners will die during a marathon.

I think about it sometimes, but like anything else, you never think it could happen to you. I know I'm healthy, and I got good marks on a health check up last year. I guess there's danger in anything you do from driving, walking, or just standing there. It's a risk we all take, I guess.

Perhaps I should rethink my dream of parachuting from a plane someday.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home