This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, February 11, 2008

Chicago Distance Classic: Call me wacko



I couldn't resist.

This is the Chicago running event that inspired me to start running again- The Chicago Distance Classic half-marathon (13.1 miles). I remember the excitement, the crowds, Grant Park, the craziness.

I registered and am running it. This will be my 2nd half-marathon this year.

For me it's just another training run for the 26.2 miles of the Oct. 12 Chicago Marathon. That's how I justify it anyway! Both Rockford and Chicago fit smuggly in between my training schedule, so if I'm careful enough, they'll serve me well.

So here's how it's looking for my major races this year:

March 30: Chicago Shamrock Shuffle 8K (5 miles)
April 27: Stepping Up to Wellness 10K at Independence Grove, Libertyville (6.25 miles)
May 18: Rockford half-marathon (13.1 miles)
Aug. 10: Chicago Distance Classic (13.1 miles)
Oct. 12: Chicago Marathon (26.2 miles)

That's it. No more, unless it's a small 5K which are always a hoot to run.

Well, off I go!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Wacko.

[Hey, you told me to.]

6:35 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! That made my day :)

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home