This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Project 365/012: A New Year's Resolution I Kept

Project 365/012: A New Year's Resolution I Kept

It's grocery shopping day. Loading up on some healthy goods makes me happy.

I made the decision to lead a healthy lifestyle back in 2007 when I decided to start training for my first marathon (Chicago Marathon 2008). Before then, I was a regular at fast food joints, loaded up on soda daily, and pretty much led a lethargic lifestyle sitting in front of computers for a good chunk of my life.

I hadn't run since my High School Cross Country days.

I was brought down to reality when I couldn't make it around my block during my first run back after a 25 year layoff. It was time to make a change.

Two marathons later, I don't miss all of that junk at all. Once in a while I treat myself with something junky, but only after I've earned it after a big week of workouts. It's a lifestyle now. It's easy.

I have this crazy idea to run four marathons this year, so keeping healthy is of the up most importance this time around.

I have a feeling I'll be sticking to it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Carolyn said...

Good for you! Those apples look great. I've only run one myself. With two little kiddos I don't find the time to train but still run regularly. Good luck with it!

5:14 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Carolyn!

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home